“Pinterest Possibilities” is a vow to make a recipe found on Pinterets once a week. I will prepare, taste, and give my opinion on each recipe and keep an archive of all the success stories.
The first edition of Pinterest Possibilities will be Broccoli Bites! I found this on Pinterest about a week ago and I had to try it. The recipe is originally from Stacy’s Snacks. It’s a very simple way to prepare broccoli in a delicious way that’s portable for lunches and store-able for a quick side dish. I made some small edits to the original recipe, substituting mild cheddar cheese for a mozzarella/cheddar mix and I skipped the salt and pepper.
16 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
1. To thaw the broccoli, I just put it in a strainer and ran some cold water over it for a minute or so. Let it stand., the smaller the pieces of broccoli, the quicker it will thaw.
2. Add all the ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Mix together, use your hands and get into it!
4. Craft into patties and place on a lightly greased baking sheet, I just used a quick spritz of Pam. My batch made 10, but it depends on how large you make the patties.
5. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Flip and then bake for another 10 minutes. When they come out of the oven, let them sit for a minute then enjoy!
Tips: The breadcrumbs clumped together unevenly so I would recommend mixing the broccoli, cheese and breadcrumbs together first and then add the eggs one at a time.
Review: These were excellent! They were very flavorful, a good size and a nice combination of fat, protein and carbohydrate to fill you up. Because its so simple, it would be easy to modify by changing the cheese, type of breadcrumb or adding different spices. So far I have reheated them in the over and the microwave and both work well. Two thumbs up!
Nutrients: Calories: 149, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 325mg, Fiber: 2g